Benefits of Massage Chair at the Workplace
A massage chair is expensive. But, having one (or more) in your workplace is the perfect investment in employee’s morale and well-being. Many of the benefits of chair massage for your employees are similar to the benefits of getting a full body massage at a spa, but in the comfort and convenience of your workplace.
The benefits of having a massage are greatly researched and studied, let’s go over the most important ones.
- Reduce Stress - A whopping 85% stress reduction! Stress levels measured before and after each massage found one of the biggest benefits of seated massage therapy to be a seriously effective office stress reliever.
- Decreases Anxiety & Depression - One of the big benefits of office massages is that massage reduces anxiety by 26% and depression scores also improve by 28% after the massage.
- Relieves Muscle Tension & Pain - Back pain is literally cut in half with regular corporate chair massages. A decrease of 48% decrease was seen in the studies on back pain and tension.
- Improves Quality of Sleep - Over multiple studies, the average improvement in sleep quality was 28%. That includes increased duration as well as fewer sleep disturbances.
- Relieves Headaches - Headaches are decreased by and average of 48% in duration and intensity with regular onsite massages.
- Lowers Blood Pressure - Across multiple studies, there was an average of a 6% drop in blood pressure, which may not sound like a lot. But that’s literally the difference between a hypertensive blood pressure and normal one, and that’s without any medication at all! Plus these studies showed that there was a lasting effect and the benefits of corporate massage programs showed very clearly as the massage group continued to have lower blood pressure than the control groups for weeks after treatment stopped.
- Prevents Repetitive Strain Injuries - On employees doing repetitive movements, weekly chair massage reduces the occurrence of repetitive stress injuries by 37%.
- Increases Immune Function - In the studies on immune function, the good cells of the body perform 35% better as one of the benefits of corporate chair massage, and this is especially true for auto immune and inflammatory illnesses.
- Treats Carpal Tunnel & Tendonitis - One of the benefits of chair massage programs is that people with carpal tunnel and tendonitis issues see a decrease in pain and discomfort by 14%.
- Increases Focus, Energy & Mental Clarity - After chair massages, employees in two studies show increased alertness, speed and accuracy on math computations following treatment.
Now what do all those benefits for the employees translate into for your company? What is this really going to do for the bottom line
- Increase Employee Productivity - Employees simply give more to organizations who take good care of them. And that extra alertness, focus and mental clarity doesn’t hurt either. Corporate massage therapy contributes to alleviating employee headaches, back pain and anxiety. This allows them to give all their focus to their jobs.
- Attract Top Talent - In our competitive marketplace, it pays to have an ace up your sleeve. There are lots of fun and creative perks to help draw top talent in to your organization, and massage is at the top of the list.
- Increase Employee Retention - In addition to attracting top talent, that talent will stick around when they feel appreciated. After you’ve worked hard to hire and train some new talent in your organization, keep them. One of the benefits of seated massage programs is that you won’t see that investment walking over to your competitor’s office.
- Decrease Workers Compensation Claims - This goes back to the employee benefits of treating carpal tunnel and tendonitis, and preventing repetitive stress injuries. Since those issues are being effectively addressed, the number of Worker’s Compensation claims goes down.
- Reduce Health Care Costs - In a recent study on the effects of corporate massage on health care costs, employees experiencing low back pain that received chair massage spent 31% less on doctor’s visits and prescription medication.
A chair can change how people look at their job and having a massage chair around is one of the best things you can do for your employees. Everyone who works and doesn’t work out regularly has some pain or stress from their job, so you’ll be doing your whole crew a big favor by investing in a good office chair. And they’ll surely love you.